As a Researcher at Vendasta you will ask questions and discover answers. You will leverage the interdepartmental analyst group to review, develop, and share information or analyses.
Your priorities will focus on exploring our data and discovering new insights to drive our business. You will help lead Vendasta’s data driven culture to conduct more studies and experiments that follow the scientific method. The qualified candidate will also support the reporting and analytical needs of the company and empowers users with data across the organization.
The Researcher will be articulate, analytical, and a team player who understands the power of data. The analyst must enjoy coordinating with interdisciplinary teams, learns quickly, and is comfortable working independently.
- Identify, develop and test business hypotheses
- Conduct scientific experiments to prove, or disprove, causal relationships
- Conduct studies that demonstrate evidence of a correlational relationship
- Provide analytical support and identify business trends that require action
- Review and critique other’s analysis
- Develop and foster a working relationship with analysts, software developers, product managers, sales, marketing, and executive
- Report information to company leadership
- Continually learn
Skills & Qualifications
- Psychology or Sociology degree
- Understanding of statistical inference and descriptive statistics
- Experienced researcher
- Proven ability to analyze and report information
- Well developed communication and presentation skills
Other Useful Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with databases and various querying techniques (SQL, NoSQL, API)
- Ability to write software code (languages like Python, R, etc)
- Experience working in the software industry
- Knowledge of modeling & machine learning
- Experience handling large datasets
- Ability to simplify and visualize complex data
Vendasta is a software company that is driving local economies. Headquartered in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 1 million local businesses thrive and succeed—and we have fun doing it.