Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Legal Counsel is required to work on behalf of various internal and external clients in the areas of intellectual property, corporate and commercial law. The Legal Counsel plays an advisory role, particularly, on legal, regulatory, commercial and strategic issues associated with Vendasta Technologies activities.
- Negotiation and drafting of various contracts and agreements (suppliers, customers, business partnerships, etc.)
- Write and / or revise various commercial agreements, reports, policies and legal documents;
- Plan and identify potential issues and ensure adequate verifications in connection with various corporate and contractual files;
- Review and comment on submissions and tenders;
- Evaluate the risks and make appropriate recommendations in connection to intellectual property, corporate responsibility, strategic legal issues and obligations negotiated with clients and suppliers;
- Provide organization-wide legal advice, including with regard to regulatory compliance, litigation and employment matters.
- Represent interests of corporation/employer in all business related to legal matters.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Member of, or qualified for membership to, the Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Minimum of (3) three years of relevant experience in a law firm or as an in-house counsel
- Capacity to work on a broad range of legal topics on a global basis, manage multiple files and to adapt to changing priorities
- Superior analytical, problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- High level of independence, with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to build effective working relationships with a dynamic, professional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills
- Knowledge of common business practices and norms of the technology industry is a definite asset
Vendasta’s platform empowers agencies and media companies to grow their sales of marketing solutions for small and medium-size businesses. Our system identifies hot leads who are interested in the products you offer and allows you to provide scalable tools at the right price and service model when businesses are ready-to-buy.Learn more about Vendasta