Software-as-a-Service or SaaS refers to software or digital products that are licensed to users on a subscription basis. The SaaS market overall is expected to reach $397.5 billion by the end of 2022. The growing opportunity to tack on additional monthly recurring revenue (MRR) to your bottom line should drive you to consider digital products to resell.
Start selling websites today. Download “6-Step Guide to Selling Website Services to Local Businesses” right now.
But what are your options? What products would make the best fit for your existing client base? What should you consider before signing on with reseller partner programs?
In this article, we will explore a selection of digital products to resell and cover everything you need to know about boosting recurring revenue as a white-label software reseller.
What are digital products?
A digital product is a resource or form of media that can be sold and dispensed again and again without the need to restock inventory.
Digital products can come in a variety of downloadable formats like MP3s, videos, PDFs, and templates. For the purposes of this article, we will focus on SaaS digital products you can resell to your small and medium-sized business (SMB) clients.
What are the most profitable products to sell online?
There are a number of digital products to resell to your SMB clients. Here are some of the top selling products online that you may want to consider adding to your product offering.
If you’re strategizing the best way to begin to sell digital products to your B2B clients, starting out by offering productivity software is a great way to go. Productivity suites like Google Workspace (#1) and Microsoft 365 (#2) can help your clients increase their production, enhance collaboration and save time, all while tacking on a monthly recurring revenue stream to your business.
Productivity suites give your clients access to set up business email addresses on their website domain, offer shared calendars to staff, video conferencing capabilities, secure team messaging, document, spreadsheet, and presentation software, as well as shared storage drives for files.
Rather than going the pricey and painstaking route to become licensed directly from one of the big box brands, you could explore a reseller partner program instead. For example, you could spend months of time going to Google to become a Google Workspace reseller. Instead you could consider reselling through a multi-vendor marketplace to significantly shorten your time to market. If you take this route, you don’t have to send in any business plans, sales plans, or applications to become a reseller.
Digital marketing products
There are a myriad of digital marketing products that most of your B2B clients are already dabbling in themselves or purchasing from another provider. Adding digital marketing products to your list of digital products to resell not only adds to your bottom line, but it can strengthen the relationship you have with existing clients. Here are some options to consider:
- Social media management (#3): Reselling digital social media management tools helps your clients connect with their customers, increase brand awareness, and kick start a stream of new business online to boost sales.
- Online review management (#4): In 2022, 93% of consumers say that online reviews influenced their purchase decisions. Your clients need up-to-date and positive reviews where their customers are searching. Reselling apps that allow your clients to track, respond to and manage their online review profiles can solve for a huge pain point time-starved local business owners are faced with.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) (#5): Helping businesses get ranked higher in search for the keywords their customers are using can be complicated, but that’s exactly why your clients need your help. They can’t do it alone. By joining a SEO reseller program and becoming a local SEO reseller, you will ensure your clients are employing the right SEO tactics to succeed online.
- Websites and ecommerce (#6): From web builders and domain hosting to ecommerce capability, there is a massive opportunity to resell websites to your clients.
- Local business listings (#7): When your clients are found in online search, their data must be accurate. Consistently correct business information like website URL, phone number, and address is a sign of trust for search engines. By reselling listing solutions you can ensure your clients’ business information is kept up to date and in sync with other sources across the web.
- Content (#8): Whether it’s a social media image, a blog post, an infographic, a podcast episode or an eye-catching video, content is king when it comes to getting noticed online. In fact, Wyzowl reports that 84 percent of people were convinced to buy a new product by watching a brand’s video. There is no shortage of appetite when it comes to putting fresh and attractive content online to help a business boost brand awareness and generate new interest. By reselling content, you don’t actually have to fulfill and deliver on all of those elements. By partnering with a marketplace platform equipped with products and services for content fulfillment, all you have to do is sell, and the fulfillment is taken care of for you.
Pay-per-click (PPC) ad spending is expected to reach $191 billion by 2024. (Statista) With the demand steadily increasing it makes sense that online advertising should make your short list of digital products to resell.
There are five primary types of digital advertising products SaaS resellers can leverage:
- Google Adwords (#9)
- Bing search ads (#10)
- Display ads (#11)
- YouTube video ads (#12)
- Facebook and Instagram ads (#13)
With reseller platforms now offering sophisticated reporting tools that can easily track and analyze your clients’ campaigns, proving performance and return on investment for their digital advertising spend is easier than ever.
Shockingly, nearly 80 percent of senior IT and IT security leaders believe their organizations lack sufficient protection against cyberattacks (Forbes Magazine).
Simply put, security needs to be top of mind for every business—now more than ever.
In 2022, you don’t need to be an expert in cybersecurity to hammer home its importance and resell cybersecurity solutions to your B2B clients. Working with a reseller partner program is a quick way to add security products to your offering. It will open up yet another new recurring revenue stream for your business and help meet your clients’ needs.
When reselling cybersecurity to your clients, your product stack can include:
- Tools for malware scanning and removal (#14)
- Website backup software (#15)
- Website security (#16)
- Web app firewalls (#17)
- Virtual private networks (#18)
What are the pros and cons to consider before deciding on digital products to resell?
|✔ Offering products with high profit margins: With a low upfront investment and minimal overhead, digital products to resell are a fantastic revenue generator for B2B business owners.||✘ Digital is an increasingly crowded space: Competition is high when it comes to selling online. It’s important to do your due diligence before you jump into the deep end.|
|✔ Save time and sell online without lifting a finger: Automation that seamlessly guides your clients through the sales funnel and through to product adoption means you’re no longer constrained by the amount of time you can personally spend on a client account in order to make a sale.||✘ Putting data at risk: As with any SaaS business, online security and data loss should be concerns for any B2B reseller. By partnering with a reputable and secure reseller program, you can mitigate these risks early on.|
|✔ Great opportunity for expansion: Without massive overhead costs to worry about, you can more easily scale your business model with digital products to resell than you can with a more traditional in-house product or service offering.||✘ The learning curve: As with any new business venture, learning the ins and outs of becoming a digital product reseller can be steep.|
|✔ Control over product pricing: From product bundling to tiered pricing, the options are endless when it comes to pricing your products to perfectly fit your clients’ budgets.|
|✔ Reach a wider audience: Bringing a digital product offering to the masses online presents a great opportunity for B2B sellers. In circumstances where your business may have relied on in-person selling opportunities closer to home, moving online with digital products to resell allows you to overcome physical proximity enabling you to sell virtually anywhere.|
How to sell online
Preparing to bring to market your new suite of digital products to resell may seem intimidating. You can, however, follow a simple but effective three-step process to get started.
- Step one: Decide which digital products to resell. We’ve provided a list of 18 digital products businesses need to succeed in today’s digital economy, but there are hundreds of options of digital products to choose from on the market. Carefully research the primary pain points and unconsidered need of your existing and ideal customer base to determine the best products to resell.
- Step two: Create your digital storefront. Today’s modern buyer is accustomed to shopping, purchasing, and receiving all kinds of services and products entirely online. Get a new website up and running or add your new product stack onto your existing ecommerce site catalogue for one-click purchases.
- Step three: Market your new offering. Get your new products and shiny new digital storefront in front of existing and new customers through email marketing, social media, and digital advertising.
Even though there’s a lot to consider before adding digital products to resell to your existing offering, the opportunity with digital products is very much worth the risk for trusted digital experts selling to small and medium businesses. Not only can digital products help you retain your existing clients longer by meeting all of their needs, but selling digital can help you expand your footprint, attract new clients, and kick start a cascade of recurring revenue for your business.