Vendasta vs. HubSpot
The Ultimate Marketing Automation Showdown
What makes Vendasta different?Vendasta offers a robust white-label platform that empowers you to provide marketing solutions to local businesses under your brand. The Vendasta platform includes marketing and sales automation platform, a sales CRM and pipeline management tool, a full-suite of re-sellable digital marketing solutions, and more. Vendasta is an exceptional HubSpot alternative, as it’s completely white-labeled and designed to help marketing service providers grow their business and ultimately drive local economies.
Platforms and Products Compared
Both HubSpot and Vendasta offer marketing automation solutions designed to automatically bring interested prospects to your door so your sales reps can focus on closing.
Each company’s marketing automation solutions revolve around email marketing that’s designed to capture your prospects’ attention and understand their intent. Both work whether you’re building simple campaigns or multi-stage journeys. HusSpot does get the edge when it comes to advanced segmentation of automated email campaigns. HubSpot allows you to choose from dozens of triggers, conditions, and actions.
However, Vendasta’s marketing automation software creates personalized content within email drip campaigns. This personalized content is Vendasta’s award-winning Snapshot Report, which performs an automatic analysis, and uncovers and grades a local business’s unique performance in their online marketing.
To get HubSpot’s marketing automation and goal-based nurturing features, you must be at their ‘Professional’ tier, which starts at $800 a month (plus a one-time $3,000 onboarding fee).
Vendasta’s marketing automation; Snapshot Reports, hot lead notifications and email integration are accessible at the $250/month ‘Basic’ tier (plus a one-time $1,000 onboarding fee).
|Ready-made email drip campaigns|
|Choose from dozens of triggers, conditions, and actions|
|Visualize, customize, and personalize your workflows|
|Hyper-personalized marketing analysis report|
|Interested lead notifications|
|Powered by Google|
|Scales repetitive tasks|
|Improves email marketing efforts|
|Improves lead management|
|Enhances targeting and personalization|
|Improves multi-channel marketing|
|White-label and resellable|
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Both Vendasta and HubSpot offer CRMs that are designed to assist salespeople through the sales process, from prospecting all the way to the close.
While HubSpot’s CRM is useful, their overall platform is not white-labeled or resellable. Additionally, the more contacts you have and emails you send, the higher your costs will be. In fact, users are automatically moved up to the next pricing tier (reflected on their next bill) if they exceed their contact or email limits.
If you’re interested in selling a marketing platform along with managed marketing services all under your brand, Vendasta offers a comprehensive solution that allows you to compete directly with HubSpot.
|Unlimited users and emails at any subscription tier|
|Track tasks, activities, and client interactions|
|Email Campaign Automation with A/B Testing Functionality|
|Sales Pipeline Software|
|Make phone calls directly from your browser with built in autodialer|
|Prospect Activity Feed|
|Sales Manager Dashboard|
|Products (Business Center/Store)|
|Full marketing funnel analytics|
|Automated prospecting report (Snapshot Report)|
|Ongoing tech and partner support at any subscription level|
|White-label and resellable|
Local businesses need help with their online marketing, but many agencies and media companies just don’t have the time or horsepower to scale up and provide a wide range of managed digital marketing services. HubSpot’s platform excels at providing a comprehensive platform in which agencies have all the tools to DIY all kinds of marketing tasks.
Since many agencies need help, Vendasta has pioneered the Do-it-With-Me™ approach: We work alongside sales teams and directly with your small business clients, on your terms, to deliver top-notch marketing services, results, and new customers. With key services like Digital Advertising, Website Creation, Review Management, Social Media Management, Vendasta partners can choose how hands-on or hands-off they are with their clients.
Both HubSpot and Vendasta also offer a variety of professional training and consulting services. Vendasta’s Partner Strategy Consultation and Technical Consulting are available on a monthly or one-off basis and start at $150/per session. HubSpot’s monthly consulting sessions range from $350/month to $1,200/month with classroom training sessions that start at $500/seat.
|White-Label Marketing Services|
|↳ White-Label Digital Advertising Services|
|↳ White-Label Website Creation Services|
|↳ White-Label Video Creation Services|
|↳ White-Label Review Management Services|
|↳ White-Label Listings Management Services|
|↳ White-Label Social Media Management Services|
|↳ White-Label Blog Writing and Posting Services|
|Up to 1,000 Sales Playbooks|
|Partner Strategy Consultation|
|White-label and resellable|
HubSpot’s Website Add-On becomes available at their Basic Subscription tier and up. The Basic subscription ($200 USD/month) plus Website Add-on ($100 USD) equals $300 USD at a minimum. One catch at this subscription tier is that the Add-On only allows for 3000 monthly website visits. If you go over this limit, you’ll be charged $300 USD instead of $100 USD for the month.
Conversely, Vendasta offers unlimited page views and visits for your websites at all subscription tiers. Vendasta’s agency website building services starts at $360/one time setup plus $42/month.
Both companies offer Custom Reporting starting at the ‘Basic’ level.
|Agency Website Creation|
|Store Design & Build|
Marketing Automation Pricing
HubSpot and Vendasta’s pricing levels are similar every step of the way from the ‘Free’ level which just offers a taste of each platform’s capabilities, to ‘Enterprise’ which similar in price for both HubSpot and Vendasta.
The primary pricing difference is the high variability in HubSpot’s pricing at each level depending on how many email contacts you’ll have in your database.
HubSpot’s ‘Starter’ level is $50/month with 1,000 contacts, but escalates to $280/month if you have 15,000 contacts. Their ‘Basic’ level is $200/month with 100 contacts, but escalates to $1,700/month if you have 15,000 contacts. Their ‘Professional’ level is $800/month with 1,000 contacts, but escalates to $3,000/month if you have 45,000 contacts. Their ‘Enterprise’ level is $2,400/month with 10,000 contacts, but escalates to $7,300/month if you have 500,000 contacts.
|‘Basic’ Level||$250/month billed annually + $1,000 onboard fee||$200/month billed annually + $600 onboard fee|
|‘Professional’ Level||$999/month billed annually + $3,000 onboard fee||$800/month billed annually + $3,000 onboard fee|
|‘Enterprise’ Level||Contact Sales||$2,400/month billed annually + $6,000 onboard fee|
HubSpot’s CRM is free, but you need more to succeed as a marketer. They also offer a Free Sales CRM for individual salespeople, and a ‘Starter’ Sales CRM starting at $50/month with 1 user included and tools for larger sales teams. They also offer a ‘Professional’ level, which starts at $400/month, includes 5 users, and is designed for advanced sales teams.
HubSpot offers basic email and phone support, but for ongoing partner support and go-to-market strategies from designated representatives, agencies must have the ‘Basic’ tier (starting at $200/month) and purchase supplementary support add-ons (staring at $350/month). Our team at Vendasta offers ongoing tech support and a designated Business Development Representative starting at the ‘Basic’ tier as well, starting at $150/session. Plus, get personalized support from our Partner Success Managers starting at our ‘Pro’ subscription and above.
HubSpot’s Sales Hub is a more comprehensive sales tool compared to our Sales and Success Center alone at this time.
|‘Free’ Sales Hub||Similar to Sales and Success Center at $0/month||$0/month|
|‘Starter’ Sales Hub||Similar to Sales and Success Center at $0/month||$50/month|
|‘Professional’ Sales Hub||Similar to Sales and Success Center at $0/month||$400/month|
Professional Services Pricing
HubSpot offers a ‘Professional’ Service Hub at $400/month with 5 users included plus $80/month per additional user. The service hub is a scalable system that helps users engage customers and build relationships.
While customer management is HubSpot’s key strength, delivering white-label marketing services is one of Vendasta’s superpowers. At $999/month, Vendasta partners are able to outsource a host of marketing work to our team, all under your own brand. HubSpot doesn’t offer white-label fulfillment services. In fact, HubSpot sells direct to small businesses, while Vendasta is built for marketing service providers to rebrand and resell to clients.
Additionally, both Vendasta and HubSpot offer a variety of training and consulting options. Vendasta’s remote options are priced affordably at $150/session, while HubSpot’s vary depending on the level and duration of the consultation. Both companies also offer in-market training opportunities as well at variable price points.
|‘Professional’ Service Hub||N/A||$400/month|
|White-Label Marketing Services||$999/month||None|
|Partner Strategy Consultation||$150/session||$350-$1,500/month|
|In-Market Training||Variable depending on duration and location.||Starts at $5,000/day|
Add Ons Pricing
HubSpot’s Website Add-on becomes available at their Basic Subscription tier and up. The Basic subscription ($200 USD/month) plus Website Add-on ($100 USD) equals $300 USD at a minimum. One catch at this subscription tier is that the Add-On only allows for 3000 monthly website visits. If you go over this limit, you’ll be charged $300 USD instead of $100 USD for the month.
Conversely, Vendasta offers unlimited page views and visits for your websites at all subscription tiers.
HubSpot’s Professional tier ($800 USD/month plus a one-time onboarding fee of $3000 USD) and Enterprise tier ($2,400 USD/month plus a one-time onboarding fee of $5000 USD) include unlimited views/visitors. HubSpot does allow agencies to manage multiple websites via a single portal (multiple websites for a single business, not multiple businesses), however, the functionality is only available at the Enterprise subscription.
For comparison, Vendasta offers agencies the ability to manage multiple websites for multiple businesses at any subscription tier.
|Agency Website Building||$360/one time +$42/month||$300/month|
|Store Design & Build||Starts at $100/per package||None|
|Advertising||Available through Marketing Services at $999/month||$100/month|
|API||$250/month + consultation at $150/session||$500/month|
HubSpot Vs. Vendasta Reviews
A comparison of the two platforms based on HubSpot reviews and Vendasta reviews from *G2 Crowd. *Data compiled May 31, 2018
|Ease of Use||8.7||8.9|
|Ease of Setup||8.3||8.4|
|Ease of Admin||8.7||8.9|
|Quality of Support||8.9||9.6|
|Ease of Doing Business With||9||9.5|
|Product Direction (% Positive)||8.9||10|
Pros and Cons of Hubspot
- Easy to use. HubSpot is designed for marketers and salespeople. The platform offers clear and understandable tools and features. Plus, the support team is available for assistance and there is plenty of online training available to help users get the most out of the platform. It allows you to focus on creating more professional content without worrying about tech details of the website management process
- Full suite of tools. The software offers a complete suite of marketing automation tools, including email automation, social publishing, leads database, CRM, reporting and analytics, calls-to-action builder, blog publishing, website CMS, and much more. The tools integrate well with each other, making it easy to see how they work in concert, plus the analytics to measure results.
- Learning resources. One of HubSpot’s points of focus is providing access to a wealth of learning and training resources. The platform includes lots of training and certifications that are helpful for both beginners and experienced marketers. This includes resources for teams that want to write blogs, eBooks, send out personalized emails and other tasks all on the same platform.
- Integrations. HubSpot can integrate with most other online tools. While there are many native integrations, such as Salesforce and Zapier, that allow you to easily sync up with many common tools, HubSpot’s open API integration can be done fairly easily.
- 30-day free trial. With high setup fees and a 12-month contract, the prospect of signing with HubSpot can feel intimidating for many marketers. The 30-day free trial takes the sting out of these obstacles by giving you time to get a true feel for HubSpot’s solutions before you commit long-term.
- CRM and marketing solutions aren’t white-labeled. While HubSpot’s CRM is useful, their overall platform is not white-labeled or resellable. This means you will receive inconsistent branding. Offering digital marketing products or services under another brand’s name confuses your customers and could cause them to lose trust in your business. Plus, HubSpot sells their platform directly to businesses, which means they’re competing with you for clients!
- Hefty onboarding fees. HubSpot charges an onboarding fee ranging from $600 to $6,000, depending on which plan you choose. This is an expense that many businesses don’t plan for upfront.
- Some key features aren’t included with the Basic or Pro plan. HubSpot’s Marketing Automation and A/B Testing functionalities only become available at their ‘Marketing Professional’ subscription level, starting at $800 a month.
- Difficult to scale services for marketing service providers. The HubSpot platform is domain-based, so managing multiple clients can be difficult. Managing multiple accounts for services like social media requires separate HubSpot accounts for each client, which is not an efficient process for agencies looking to scale.
- Lacks content creation and managed services solutions. Most of the apps and integrations available in the HubSpot library are DIY tools. Conversely, the Vendasta Marketplace features solutions from DIY apps to fully managed-services in marketing categories like social, websites, video, and SEO.
At the end of the day, both Vendasta and HubSpot offer robust tools for digital marketing and sales. However, while HubSpot sells direct to small businesses, Vendasta is built for marketing service providers to rebrand and resell to clients—equipped with the smart sales tools, content, and automation providers needed to do so and to scale.
While HubSpot is a great solution for business management, Vendasta is optimized for management and growth.
Request a demo
Our sales team will reach out to connect with you at your earliest convenience.