Is BrightLocal’s pricing and plans worth their value?By Solange Messier
Search engine marketing (SEO) is a necessary part of any marketing strategy whether you’re a business owner or a digital marketer. Without an effective SEO strategy in place, attracting customers to your business website and building a strong online presence is essentially impossible —and without localized SEO, you might find yourself attracting the wrong customers altogether.
Download “How to conquer local search engine optimization (SEO)” to become your clients’ go-to expert right now.
Thankfully, there are services out there that can uncomplicate the often complicated process of local SEO marketing. While some are relatively affordable, others carry a higher price point. In this article, we’re taking a look at services like Brightlocal and breaking down BrightLocal’s pricing, services, and value—and comparing it to other local SEO services’ pricing.
Table of Contents
- What is BrightLocal?
- What are the different subscription plans offered by BrightLocal?
- How do BrightLocal’s plans compare to other Local SEO software providers?
- Is BrightLocal’s pricing worth it? The pros and cons
- Why you should choose Vendasta’s Listing Builder
- Frequently asked questions
What is BrightLocal?
BrightLocal is a local SEO platform that empowers agencies and businesses to improve their online visibility and digital presence. With its vast features, subscribers can easily manage their SEO strategy to attract new leads and customers to their businesses or their clients’ businesses.
Here's a quick overview of BrightLocal’s offerings:
- Local SEO Tools: Improve local SEO with keyword research, rank tracking, citation building, and on-site auditing.
- Local SEO Reports: Gain insight into rankings, competitor analysis, and online reputation with detailed reports.
- Hybrid Listings Management: Monitor and manage business listings across directories for consistent information with the help of BrightLocal’s SEO experts.
- Reputation Management: Get more reviews, interact with your customers, and showcase the best reviews on your website with BrightLocal’s reviews widget.
- White-Labeling: Customize reports and dashboards with your own agency branding for a professional touch.
- Agency Lead Generator Widget: Expand your clientele with an embedded lead capture form on your website.
What are the different subscription plans offered by BrightLocal?
BrightLocal pricing varies depending on the level of service you need. Its various subscription plans come with different features and pricing options to suit the needs of everyone from small business owners to agencies and consultants.
BrightLocal’s subscription plans
|Single Business||$35 per month||
|Multi Business||$60 per month||
|SEO Pro||$90 per month||
|Citation Builder||Starting at $2 per site||
|Enterprise||Varies depending on level of service||
Businesses that are new to BrightLocal can access a free, 14-day trial before committing to the company’s local SEO cost and services.
When it comes to BrightLocal’s pricing and features, it’s important to note that some costs and services may be subject to change. To view the most up-to-date information about BrightLocal agency pricing or local SEO costs for small businesses, it’s best to contact BrightLocal directly.
How do BrightLocal’s plans compare to other Local SEO software providers?
While BrightLocal may offer local SEO services with pricing that’s affordable, it’s important to compare what BrightLocal offers against that of its competition. For some business owners, agencies, and marketing consultants, BrightLocal’s tiered services and lack of customization may mean they’re paying for services that they’re simply not using.
That’s where options like Vendasta’s listing services, such as Listing Sync Pro, shine. With Vendasta, you can purchase a local listings package with the features that meet you or your clients’ specific needs.
Other services, such as Yext, offer a similar service to BrightLocal but with a higher level of customization and more integration options.
Below, we’ve listed some of the top features and differences in packages from BrightLocal, Vendasta, and Yext.
|BrightLocal||Vendasta's Listing Builder||Yext|
|Free trial/demo||14-day free trial||14-day free trial or free demo||Free demo|
|Price||Packages start at $35 per month||Contact for pricing||Packages start at $4 per week (Yext)|
While the option to view or try the service before making a purchase exists with BrightLocal and its top competitors, Vendasta comes out on top with a broader range of training and support options. When it comes to services that make your job as a digital marketer easier, Vendasta’s niche audience also ensures that you’ll have more access to the tools that make your job simpler, giving it an edge over BrightLocal. Furthermore, custom pricing ensures you’ll pay for the features you use most and not for extras that you don’t need.
Let’s take a look at what Vendasta and Yext have to offer when it comes to their software features:
Vendasta’s Listing Builder
Vendasta acts as a one-stop-shop to help agencies and digital marketers better serve their clients' businesses. With a variety of automated, white label products and services, the company gives marketers the tools they need to work more efficiently and more effectively.
Like BrightLocal, Vendasta offers its clients the opportunity to access simple, white-label local listing management. This software helps your clients’ business become more visible online and rank higher in search engine listings.
- SEO citation building: Rank higher on Google and other search engines by ensuring business information is consistent and accurate.
- Owned business listings: Once a business listing is claimed, the business owns them permanently instead of renting them. Vendasta’s white label marketing services pros take care of the claiming process for you.
- Real-time listing updates: Changes to listing details are updated in real-time so customers can always access accurate information. Vendasta’s Listings Sync Pro tool is powered by Yext, giving you the best of both platforms to help you update your online listings instantly.
- Complimentary products: With Listing Builder, you’ll have access to Vendasta’s Website Pro and Reputation Management platforms, helping you give your clients the upper hand when it comes to building and protecting their online presence.
Yext is an online service that’s designed to help business owners and digital marketers gain the exposure they need to attract business online. It’s best known for its headless content management system, which empowers businesses to manage their online reputation and content in a single, seamless platform.
Yext offers users access to a network of more than 200 third-party publishers, providing the opportunity for optimal exposure (Yext).
Yext’s features include:
- Listings analytics: Pull third party listings data into a single dashboard to edit or view with ease.
- Listings management: Update listings across multiple publishers in real time.
- Duplicate suppression: Hide duplicate listings to prevent confusion or inaccurate information.
- Edit suggestions: Accept edit suggestions from external parties to maintain the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- Intelligence and Search Tracker: Compare your own searches to those of top local competitors.
- Social integration: Interact with followers on social media networks from directly within Yext’s platform.
- Publisher controls: Track listings status and monitor for errors or alerts within the Yext platform.
BrightLocal vs. Vendasta vs. Yext
While each platform has its benefits, Vendasta’s range of customization options and full-scale customer training and support make it the better option for digital marketers and agencies.
BrightLocal shines when it comes to accessibility, offering a range of features that appeal to business owners and digital marketers alike. However, when it comes to listings management for professionals, Vendasta’s Listing Service is a cut above the rest, providing the power of Yext with a level of ease, efficiency, and value that’s unparalleled by its competitors.
Is BrightLocal’s pricing worth it? The pros and cons
Businesses that are looking to control their online presence and expand their visibility can do so with the help of BrightLocal. This tool offers access to major listing directories, including those that offer the most visibility and reach for local businesses. The platform also offers its users access to powerful analytics tools that empower business owners to track their success.
That said, while BrightLocal’s platform is ideal for small and midsize business owners, the tools it provides may be less-than-appealing to digital marketers and agencies looking for more powerful listing services, regardless of that service’s local SEO cost.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the pros and cons of BrightLocal’s local listing service.
While BrightLocal pricing is affordable, it’s important to consider the overall value you’re getting for the price you pay.
Why you should choose Vendasta’s Listing Builder
Choosing the right SEO and listings management software can feel like an overwhelming task but if you’re armed with the right information, it can be a simple choice. When you compare industry powerhouses like BrightLocal, Vendasta, and Yext, it can be difficult to determine which offers the best value when it comes to local SEO cost but after a comprehensive look at the three, it’s apparent that Vendasta offers digital marketers and agencies the most bang for their buck.
The benefits of using Vendasta over Yext or BrightLocal are clear. Let’s dive in.
Comprehensive digital marketing tools
This platform goes beyond listing management to provide agencies with a holistic approach to client service, helping them avoid toggling between multiple platforms.
While platforms like Yext focuses primarily on listings management and BrightLocal is SEO-focused, Vendasta’s suite of tools caters to nearly every conceivable need of today’s businesses with a professional touch that’s designed to make the job of the digital marketer easier, less costly, and more efficient.
High value and access
While BrightLocal’s pricing makes it an affordable choice, Vendasta’s all-in-one platform offers a higher value, particularly for professional marketers. Local SEO costs can sometimes be unpredictable, especially when marketers are forced to use multiple platforms, but with Vendasta, everything agencies need can be accessed under one price and on one single platform.
Unparalleled education and support
Vendasta’s customer support is world-class, providing new users with extensive opportunities for training and all customers with ongoing support, 24 hours a day. Support can be accessed online or over the phone, while education options include live trainings, webinars, and comprehensive documentation.
Top-quality listings management
With its data-driven approach and the power of Yext behind it, Vendasta’s listings management capabilities ensure that information is consistent across all platforms and search engines. Users can update their listings in real-time, ensuring access to the most up-to-date information for customers and followers.
Overall, Vendasta offers the best tools to help agencies and businesses build credibility, improve visibility, and drive organic traffic in the most effective way. While services like Yext and BrightLocal have their merits, Vendasta stands out as the top choice for professional agencies and marketers thanks to its robust set of tools, top tier customer support, and value.
Frequently asked questions
Is BrightLocal free?
While BrightLocal offers a free 14-day trial for new users, the platform isn’t free. BrightLocal pricing starts at $35 per month for small businesses and increases depending on the level of service users require. In addition to BrightLocal’s listings management subscription fee, users may find themselves pay additional fees for add-on services like social media tracking and advanced analytics tools.
What is BrightLocal used for?
BrightLocal gives business owners and digital marketers access to search engine listing management tools, helping them gain higher rankings in local searches online. The platform also offers tools to monitor and optimize online presence, such as review management and citation building. Lastly, BrightLocal gives businesses access to analytics that help them benchmark their performance against local competitors.