Vendasta is one of the fastest growing companies in Canada, and it’s looking for an innovative, passionate, and user-focused UX/UI designer. Our customers are why we thrive, and if you care as deeply about design and experience as we do, you may be the perfect fit for our team.
Love working with real users in search of optimum results? Your passion for brainstorming, development, and testing are just what we need. We want you to play an active role in our products, engaging in tactical and strategic work.
Oh, and we really appreciate our employees for all they do. Vendasta strives to ensure work is something to look forward to. You’ll be at our head office in downtown Saskatoon, a city that’s listed as one of the New York Times top travel destinations. Plus, there are oodles of perks! Jump on the rocketship and you could improve your impressive design abilities while having a little bit of fun.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to implement and evolve the vision for the product
- Represent the design work and passionately advocate for user-centered needs
- Develop low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes that translate the product vision into clean and intuitive experiences
- Support/perform user research, story mapping sessions, and usability testing to understand behaviour and explore opportunities
- Design experiences that can effectively combine product and service offerings into a cohesive concept for our target personas
- Ensure consistency with the platform standards and cross-product dependencies
- Collaborates with team members and stakeholders to deliver a compelling and cohesive end-to-end user experience across all applications
- Manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure relevant information is shared, effectively communicated and issues are followed up and addressed
- Perform competitive analysis and keep up with usability standards
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with the process of building and testing UI prototypes
- Experience with user testing design solutions and gathering quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Experience with graphic design and common graphic design tools
- Knowledge of user research and usability testing techniques and methods, and applying user findings to UX design solutions
- Excellent feel for beautiful aesthetics of software user interfaces
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Strong working knowledge and experience with user interface design patterns and methodologies
- Ability to work with product managers and teams to understand detailed requirements and design UX solutions that meet needs and vision
- Understanding of Agile; experience working directly in one or more Agile frameworks would be a plus (e.g., Scrum)
- Ability to work efficiently and meet/exceed deadlines under pressure
Vendasta is a software company that is driving local economies. Headquartered in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 1 million local businesses thrive and succeed—and we have fun doing it.