You have a strong B2B client base. You have a platform (built internally or otherwise). You want to offer more solutions to grow your client base and your bottom-line. BUT, you can’t risk app fragmentation and want to sell under your brand.
If this sounds like your business, then this article is for you. Keep reading to learn how Vendasta’s single sign-on (SSO) for enterprise can quickly make 100+ cloud products and services from the Vendasta Marketplace available for you to resell within your existing platform.
Why is SSO so Important?
SSO is important from a security and compliance perspective, a support perspective, but it’s also incredibly valuable from a user experience (UX) perspective. Generally SSO falls under an internal operations umbrella, but today we’re going to discuss the importance of SSO for client facing portals.
Here are the key reasons why enterprises that sell solutions to other businesses need SSO:
1. Security & Compliance
You’ve seen the news. Cyber threats have never been more prevalent than they are right now. It needs to be one of your primary prerogatives to minimize the threat of cyber attack for the sake of your clients, and the sake of your greater organization.
Although improper implementation of SSO can have the inverse effect and actually open your platform up to greater security threats, proper implementation with the right partner can minimize security threats, particularly if multi-factor authentication is used.
Here are the facts:
- Every new user login is a new opportunity for hackers
- More complex authentication processes are much harder for hackers to crack
- SSO helps meet various regulations, such as HIPAA compliance
- Increased documentation allows most SSO systems to meet the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
This means that the less logins your clients have to make, the more secure your platform will become, and the more user-friendly your platform will become. This also means that if you have clients, or are targeting companies in high regulation environments (such as the medical field), then SSO can drive regulatory compliance and make your solution much more appealing.
2. User Experience (UX)
In addition to the security risks, one of the greatest threats with selling new solutions is a fragmented user experience as a result of too many logins. Not to mention that integrating numerous products into your current platform can quickly become a deep cost pool and a development nightmare.
With SSO, you can serve your clients better by unifying the customer experience through a centralized login.
Some of the specific client benefits include:
- Increased productivity. Fact: most of your clients have to remember an average of 40 passwords. Instead of your clients having to use various login portals to access different solutions you’ve provided, they can save time and energy by accessing all of their products and services through one login portal.
- More positive company outlook. If the user experience can delight your clients, then they are going to have more positive feedback to share, which can translate into an improved company reputation.
Plus, local businesses have spoken and they desire a single login. They also desire a single solution provider that can meet all of their cloud product and service needs. AppDirect’s Cloud Services Adoption Report suggests that 51% of small to medium sized businesses (SMBs) are already purchasing solutions from a cloud broker that can meet most or all of their cloud product and service needs via SSO.
3. Fast Product & Service Adoption
The fact is simple, login portals can become major blockers to product uptake. If you can centralize all of your solutions under one login, you make it that much easier for clients to navigate between products and improve the overall UX of your offering.
SSO can also serve to dissuade your clients from searching elsewhere for cloud solutions. If they can find all of the products and services they desire under your login, then you prevent loss of revenue out the back door to other providers.
4. Fewer Support Calls
Gartner estimates that 20-50% of all help desk calls are simply for password resets. If you can shrink the number of logins to a single portal, then you will dramatically reduce the volume of these support calls. This can serve to free up valuable resources and gives your support teams more time to handle more severe help calls.
In fact, Forrester estimates the average opportunity cost of a password reset call to be $70. With SSO, you can quickly alleviate these opportunity costs.
Why Integrate with Vendasta?
Vendasta is a one-stop-shop. Vendasta is the fastest avenue to dramatic product and service diversification, and product diversification is the key to unlocking client retention and scaling your revenue growth.
Why Product Diversification Matters
Vendasta conducted a Churn Study on 200,000+ SMBs to determine the answers to client retention. The result? Vendasta found that product diversification is the cure for customer churn. It’s like the vinegar to your hiccups (anyone else do this or is it just me?).
The specific findings were as follows:
- Upselling has the highest impact on the lifetime of your clients at the 3-month mark
- 62% of clients that were not upsold within the first three months churned within 2 years
- Selling an SMB 1 product has a retention rate of only 30% after 2 years
- Selling that SMB just 1 more product showed an increase in retention rate of nearly 20%
- Selling that SMB 4 products showed a retention rate of 80%
The findings are clear. The more products you can provide, the more problems you can solve, the stickier your client relationships will become.
How Vendasta Enables Product Diversification
Through Vendasta’s powerful SSO integration, you can add 100+ new products and services to your existing platform, all in one shot. Forget thousands of hours of custom development just to piece together a handful of fragmented products and services—get all of these solutions in one stop.
Here’s how it works:
- It all starts with Vendasta’s Service Providers. These consist of all of the applications or services provided through Vendasta which support SSO (rebrandable cloud solutions, as well as world-class vendor solutions like G Suite and Constant Contact).
- Then you enter the equation as the Identity Provider. If you’re the owner of the platform in which your clients currently sign-on, then your platform will own the final user authentication.
- Then Vendasta deploys our Identity Discovery Process whereby we store or proxy the configuration and artifacts necessary to allow the Service Providers from our Marketplace to redirect to you (the Identity Provider), and for you to then be able to SSO into these Service Providers.
Get the Guide
The equation is simple. Your clients desire more solutions, but they want them all under one login. SSO with Vendasta enables you to quickly meet both of these needs, while simultaneously increasing your security, freeing up support resources and improving the overall user experience.
Time to get technical?
Technical integration with Vendasta follows 4 simple steps:
- Identity and access management,
- Software development kits,
- and white-label navbar customization.
Download the complete guide and discover how you can unlock the potential of your own platform with Vendasta.