Vendasta is seeking a seasoned expert to lead its Marketplace team of designers and content strategists to new heights! As Director of User Experience (UX), you will be responsible for bringing the best designs and interfaces to Vendasta’s users by learning about their behaviours, how they interact with our digital solutions & centres, and implementing these best practices among your team of UXUI Designers and UX Content Strategists.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader, able to mentor a UX team to accelerate project completion and professional growth; an expert in design & user experience, able to lead by example & navigate the UX team through complex projects towards simple and elegant solutions; a strategic thinker, able to translate user habits into a key tactic for growth through product innovation & ease of use.
- Reporting to the GM of Marketplace, to build a comprehensive UX vision and strategy for Vendasta’s Marketplace of Products and infrastructure
- Collaborate with Vendasta VP of Design to refine and roll out a scalable design system across the organization, unify research, planning and prioritization processes, and effectively reduce friction and increase value across our customer base
- Work with product management, product marketing, partner success, and sales to identify common user cases & concerns and participate in research to develop the appropriate solutions
- Build and lead a strong team of UXUI Designers and UX Content Strategists dedicated to achieving Vendasta’s overall goals for growth through constant innovation, research, and a user-centric mindset
- Provide high-quality feedback and direction on product design and customer-facing applications across the UX team, nurturing a culture of customer-centric design and usability
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with the UX team to provide mentorship, identify employee needs, communicate functional goals, and optimize the strengths of the team to ensure career growth and continuous improvement of our user experience
- Be an expert within advanced domains of user experience & design and represent Vendasta within internal forums and at external events (conferences, etc.)
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in UXUI; experience in SaaS considered a strong asset
- Demonstrated ability to build up, lead, and grow a team of 10 or more to success; a history of building teams by developing leaders and managers and recruiting outstanding talent
- Expert-level experience using UI design tools, such as Adobe XD, Figma, etc.; proficient with visual design tools like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proven experience bringing in applications from initial insight to release
- Ability to translate stakeholder goals and user research into compelling user workflows, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Passionate about desktop and mobile design trends, with the ability to stay in alignment with organizational standards
- Innovative and consistently curious—constantly seeking ways to improve our offerings based on industry trends, experience, common customer pain points, and competitor research
- Exceptional professional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Please be prepared to provide a portfolio of recent work demonstrating your experience in UX & software design.
Vendasta is a software company that is driving local economies. Headquartered in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 1 million local businesses thrive and succeed—and we have fun doing it.