How to build a social audience
Did you know that 90%1 of small businesses have Facebook pages, but that almost one third2 of them have less than thirty-two fans? Building an engaged audience can be difficult, and for many local businesses it’s the reason why they quit updating their pages long ago.
In order to create a successful following on social media, every post needs to have value. Social Marketing focuses on the three elements that are most crucial in bringing more attention to a business’s profile: finding interesting content, discovering influential people, and creating deals.
Publishing Interesting Content to Customers
Businesses with successful social media accounts have one thing in common: they offer a steady stream of interesting content to information-hungry followers. In order to stay top-of-mind, posts should be made on a regular basis and sent evenly throughout the week.
Finding and writing that much material is a challenge. With Social Marketing, businesses can use the Interesting Content tab to search for popular content based on relevant search terms.
Imagine you run a vegan restaurant. You can easily search for vegan recipes and then re-post them to your social profiles.
Connecting with Influential Followers
Getting in with the right crowd on social networks is about connecting with influential accounts. A shout out from a local celebrity (or even just a re-follow from one of your regulars) can give a big boost to a business’s online following.
Offering Coupons to Build a Fan Base
Discounts and coupons are still among the most effective ways to build an audience on social media. According to Forbes, 79% of U.S. consumers will Like a company on Facebook because it offers
By offering deals through Social Marketing, companies can:
- Increase traffic to their social profiles
- Entice customers into their stores
- Track the reach, clicks, engagement, and ultimately the success of a campaign
Running a successful social media channel is hard work. Social Marketing automates the process and helps business owners build their audiences.
- Build fan bases by re-posting interesting content from around the web
- Find influential people to follow
- Attract new customers and drive traffic to stores with deals, coupons, and offers
- Realize the full benefits of an active, engaged social profile with prescriptive actions and step-by-step instructions that are informative and effective