We are seeking a full time, experienced Web Designer to join Vendasta’s Corporate Marketing team. The successful candidate would hold the keys to Vendasta’s online properties: the Vendasta Website, the Vendasta Blog, and Conquer Local site. Our dream candidate has front-end coding experience, a great eye for delightful design, and has the knowledge and ability to keep Vendasta’s own website up-to-date and looking great! If this sounds like a piece of cake, we want to hear from you.
- Develop and maintain Vendasta’s own web pages with the WordPress platform while following company standards and protocols
- Plug-in and general site maintenance, including performance improvements
- Plan and execute site design by clarifying goals from stakeholders
- Develop site content and graphics by coordinating with other teams and employees
- Design images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
- Update existing web pages in both HTML and WordPress
- Develop design standards and processes for the Vendasta website
- Optimize website for SEO, performance, and analytics
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (considered an asset), or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with WordPress
- Graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Familiarity with basic SEO and performance best practices
- Experience with Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
- An eye for typography, composition and color with pixel-level attention to detail
- Experience with Google Analytics
- A solid understanding of web design and usability as well as current web standards
*Please be prepared to show us a portfolio of your snazziest accomplishments (WordPress, HTML, CSS, Php, Photoshop etc.).
Vendasta is a software company that is driving local economies. Headquartered in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 1 million local businesses thrive and succeed—and we have fun doing it.