As Vendasta’s Technical Writer, you are responsible for the strategy and execution of content across multiple applications and communication channels. You will collaborate with the UX team of interaction designers, visual designers, and writers/editors to produce user-friendly and informative experiences. Developing a deep understanding of Vendasta’s target market including industry/domain, key user personas, common vernacular, and patterns in behaviour is essential for success. Throughout the project lifecycle, you will work closely with Divisional GMs, Product Managers, Stakeholders, and Developers to achieve objectives. As the ideal candidate, you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are detail-oriented, and possess exceptional communication skills.
- Develop clear and consistent nomenclature, a content style guide, and best practices to be used across applications and communication channels.
- Write high-quality technical content for Vendasta—UI copy, instructional text, system help, tooltips, onboarding systems, software release articles, marketing assets, etc.
- Ensure in-app information is consistent, easy to find, easy to understand, and presented at the right moment in the user workflow.
- Assist with information architecture initiatives to determine proper navigation hierarchy, page structure, information schema, and content flexibility/repurposability.
- Produce content models to clearly define required content types and their relationships to one another.
- Develop relationships with Vendasta Partners to understand their industry and ensure our system communicates with them effectively utilizing familiar terminology.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Stakeholders, UX Designers, and Developers to define content requirements and achieve business goals; work collaboratively with other departments (Success, Marketing, etc.)
- Evaluate usability of current and upcoming system features and provide constructive suggestions for improvement.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Preference given to those educated in UX, Marketing/Communications, and/or Computer Sciences.
- 3+ years creating online/digital content.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong communication, time-management, and teamwork skills.
- Experience in developing content strategy for large-scale, interactive systems that span multiple applications and communication channels.
- A diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates authored and edited web content.
- Proven ability to collaborate on complex projects to translate concepts into easy-to-understand interactive experiences.
- Experience planning for and developing useful, usable content including instructional text, error and confirmation messages, support content, etc.
Vendasta is a software company that is driving local economies. Headquartered in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 1 million local businesses thrive and succeed—and we have fun doing it.