The Technical Product Manager will take their experience as someone who has developed software, and apply it to the role of Product Manager. You will build features and products from existing ideas, and help to deliver new innovation based iterative experiments/releases through your contact with stakeholders, customers, and prospects. We’re looking for a pace setter with a blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You should enjoy spending time with internal teams, users, and potentially in the market to understand their problems and to find innovative solutions for the broader ecosystem.
As the Technical Product Manager for Billing, you’ll focus on helping businesses seamlessly and accurately bill their end users, automating invoice delivery, Stripe and accounting system integrations and other financial reporting areas.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to gather key insights, including but not limited to Partners, Users, Sales, Success, Support, Digital Agency, and the Executive.
- Develop a strategy, accounting for business and technical concerns, and execute it. Will have to work closely with software developers, designers and technical leaders. The ability to understand the technical challenges while working with developers is key to making educated tradeoffs.
- Define the problem and scope for a given epic, and present backlog items and key milestones to make up product roadmap.
- Facilitate product backlog refinement sessions (PBR) with development teams and stakeholders.
- Write and edit backlog items in our issue tracking software.
- Deeply understand and clearly communicate business value
- Develop key user goals and funnels to define metrics of success
- Work with development teams to ensure software is built according to the acceptance criteria defined in the backlog item.
- Design, develop, and manage project plans in a complex, dynamic environment.
Skills & Qualifications
- Able to make a confident recommendation based on data, customer insight and ongoing stakeholder engagement, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Exceptional problem solving skills, ensuring trade-offs or alternatives are offered as opposed to (just) bad news.
- Possesses strong leadership traits as outlined in Vendasta’s Leadership Principles and motivates a team to be creative about finding a solution
- Must be approachable, able to work with customers and internal staff
- Demonstrates a proficiency at “Bargain Hunting” with development teams to deliver the greatest value for the least cost.
- Must be knowledgeable in technology.
- Software/product management experience
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
Vendasta is a software company that is driving local economies. Headquartered in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 1 million local businesses thrive and succeed—and we have fun doing it.