Developers at Vendasta work in teams, working with Product Managers and Designers, to ideate, build, test, deploy, and manage operations of new features and products. Having many teams allows developers to self manage onto the team that suit them best in terms of co-workers and work. Our Research and Development department works hard to help developers learn, grow, and experiment while at work, offering events like in-house Hackathons during regular hours. We have a culture that gives all developers opportunities to learn from and teach other developers.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate that they are bright and can tackle tough problems, while being able to communicate their solution to others. They are creative and can mix technology with the customer’s problems to find the right solution. Lastly, they are driven and will motivate themselves and others to get things done.
- Develop software in teams of 3-5 developers. with the ability to take on tasks from the team and independently work on them to completion
- Follow best practices to write clean, maintainable, scalable, and tested software
- Work collaboratively and iteratively with Product Managers to design solutions that help our Partners connect digital solutions to small and medium sized businesses
- Continuous drive to learn and improve your own technical skills
- Bias for action, while dealing well with ambiguity
Skills & Qualifications – Junior Level
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science, SaskPoly Computer Systems Technology Diploma, or related technical degree
- Ability to demonstrate software project you have contributed to, or review code you have written
- Strong understanding with high scalability, data intensive, distributed Internet applications
- Proficiency in modern software language, and willingness to quickly learn our technology stac
Skills & Qualifications – Intermediate Level
- 2+ years experience in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science, SaskPoly Computer Systems Technology Diploma, or related technical degree—or 3+ years experience in a related field
- Experience or strong understanding with high scalability, data intensive, distributed Internet applications
- Proficiency in modern software language, and willingness to quickly learn our technology stack
Technologies We Use:
- Google Cloud Platform
- BigQuery, Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Pub/Sub, Google Data Studio, Cloud IAM, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Cloud Datastore, Google Maps Platform, Cloud Endpoints, Stackdriver, etc…
- Elasticsearch, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Vendasta is a software company that is driving local economies. Headquartered in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 1 million local businesses thrive and succeed—and we have fun doing it.