Product Marketing Manager, Marketplace Division
Vendasta Technologies, Saskatoon SK
Roles Available: 3
As a Product Marketing Manager, you take new products to market, continuously promote existing products and develop synergies between the offerings within your suite. You will become a subject matter expert in your domain, a resource for the rest of the company to glean insights on strategy and market positioning.
You work closely with Product Management, Demand and Bizops to intimately understand the market opportunity for your products. While you craft the positioning, materials and program—you work collaboratively with demand to assign forecasts and Bizops to continually measure.
Through research and insight, you’re able to identify a market opportunity and capitalize on it. For example, if local businesses in North America are projected to spend $6B in 2019 on SEO related services, how are we going to capture even 10% of that market share? This position focuses heavily on identifying and exploiting market opportunities to drive increased demand and sell-through of products.
- Market intelligence: Be the expert on our buyers, who they are, how they buy, and their key buying criteria
- Competitive landscape: Be the expert on our competition and how they are positioned. What are our competitors doing today? Planning for the future?
- Go to market: Develop a plan for the products you support including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers
- Launch coordination: Plan the launch of new products, release schedules, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan. Develop product launch packages that include product messaging, value proposition, objection handling, competitive analysis, sales guides, and other content.
- Drive adoption: Develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand and adoption for your products
- Distribution and demand: Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it
- Understand our customers: Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when, and why behind the decisions they make—then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn
Skills & Qualifications
- Marketing experience is required; University degree in Marketing or a related field considered an asset; or 2+ years of paid work experience in a marketing-specific role
- Product marketing experience (or in-depth knowledge) preferred
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is, or isn’t, working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large groups, and a solid writer
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties
Vendasta is a software company that is driving local economies. Headquartered in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 1 million local businesses thrive and succeed—and we have fun doing it.