As a Vendasta Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for converting conceptual ideas into images, layouts and other designs in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of how to tell stories visually, how marketing campaigns work, and the ability to inspire, inform and captivate customers. Reporting to the VP Design you will deliver the following:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and teams to establish a vision for design.
- Establish a comprehensive understanding of the corporate brand guidelines and ensure a strong alignment of style, voice and messaging.
- Assist in the development of design standards and campaign building that aligns with corporate brand strategy.
- Conduct ongoing market and user research to ensure that design remains competitive and attracts target customers.
- Plan design concepts by studying behaviour, trends and competition.
- Select and employ color, imagery, text and shape to create aesthetically pleasing layouts that clearly communicate key messages.
- Prototype conceptual drafts and solicit feedback as required.
- Provide constructive criticism and feedback to other designers.
- Competently use computer software to collaborate with other designers, complete tasks and back up working files.
- Effectively prepare graphics and media for usage across communication channels (i.e. file compression, exporting, sizing and testing)
- Implement finished media across digital and traditional communication channels.
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. when required.
- Collaborate with data analysts to measure the effectiveness of marketing and design.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in fine art, design, marketing or related discipline.
3+ years experience in professional commercial design.
- Capacity to create the visual aspects of web pages, emails, print documents, presentations and other marketing materials.
- Proven graphic design and layout skills with a focus on user behaviour and HCI.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in a deadline-oriented work environment.
- Extensive experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign).
- Extensive knowledge of content production for digital channels. (i.e. mobile optimization, page load time, file compression, etc.)
- Experience in 3D modelling, animation and/or gamification would be considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail with an original, creative flair.
- Excellent communication and teamworking skills.
- Ability to handle criticism and rejection of designs.
- Collaboration with marketing, product and sales teams to create cohesive designs that reflect our corporate culture and strategic goals.
- Confidence to present and explain ideas to teammates and stakeholders.
- Experience editing and updating WordPress websites.
- A portfolio of recent work will be required from all applicants
Vendasta’s platform empowers agencies and media companies to grow their sales of marketing solutions for small and medium-size businesses. Our system identifies hot leads who are interested in the products you offer and allows you to provide scalable tools at the right price and service model when businesses are ready-to-buy.Learn more about Vendasta