Vendasta’s Software Engineering Managers strive to improve the effectiveness of all of R&D and its development teams. They focus on ensuring development/infrastructure standards and processes to create software products are continually evaluated and refined.They are responsible for creating a high performing/high velocity organization as Vendasta evolves and grows as a business. If the opportunity to be a leader in culture, recruitment, staff management and career growth excites you, this is the opportunity for you!
- Manage multiple software teams
- Foster a culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback and metrics for teams and individual contributors.
- Assist in the recruitment process to build a strong cross-functional organization.
- Manage the engineering staff’s professional development, career path, promotion and appraisals.
- Establish relevant and beneficial metrics that monitor, report and drive business results.
- Drive good communication and transparency between individuals, teams, and management.
- Work with other Software Engineering Managers, VP of Engineering, Product Managers, Designers, Product Marketers and Senior Developers to ensure we are building the best product for our customers, with the right process.
- Assist in the preparation of the Scientific Research and Experimental Development tax credit.
- While Software Development is not a primary responsibility of this role, there is an expectation to stay informed on our technologies. An ability to make contributions will be an asset.
- Performance of a Software Engineering Manager will be measured in the output (value delivered) from their teams.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years experience managing agile software teams, ideally managing more than 15 developers.
- 5+ years experience as a software developer.
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science
- Experience or strong understanding with high scalability, data intensive, distributed Internet applications.
- Ability to generate support for a company/team decision to help drive objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
- Bias for action, while dealing well with ambiguity.
Technologies We Use
- Cloud Native Computing using Google Cloud Platform
- BigQuery, Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Pub/Sub, Google Data Studio, Cloud IAM, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Cloud Datastore, Google Maps Platform, Stackdriver, etc… We have been invited to join the Early Access Program on quite a few GCP technologies.
- Elasticsearch, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Relocation Expenses Offered If Applicable
Vendasta is a software company that is driving local economies. Headquartered in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 1 million local businesses thrive and succeed—and we have fun doing it.