This role involves strengthening our presence through digital PR tactics and helping us find a voice that will resonate with agencies and other resellers. Our competitors are industry heavyweights, and we need someone with a proven track record of creating buzz and earned media placements to generate significant demand.
Serving as an integral member of our leadership team, the Director of PR will be responsible for creating a first-class communications plan for Vendasta in order to promote and strengthen our organization’s messaging. He or she will be responsible for a broad range of activities related to the direction and positioning of the company and its products. The goal is to advance Vendasta’s position as the #1 platform for selling digital solutions to local businesses by accelerating lead generation, industry awareness, and success for the 600,000+ local businesses on the Vendasta platform.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and executing an innovative PR strategy, thus helping our content reach a wider audience. This needs to be accomplished in a measurable manner.
- Managing the development and distribution of press releases that accurately reflect Vendasta’s key messages and drive towards achieving high-level goals.
- Leading the charge on all things VendastaCon. You will work with a group of program leads for various aspects to produce a successful conference, including building out the strategy for following years.
- Working with sales and marketing leadership in alignment with Vendasta’s top-level goals to create and manage the annual conference plan.
- Manage all aspects of individual conference planning, coordination, and booking, including:
- Communication and collaboration with sales, marketing, and product marketing teams
- Manage and track spending within the allocated budget
- Reconcile budget post-conference
- Report on success measures post-conference
- Pitch speaking opportunities that position Vendasta as a thought leader
- Align content strategy with conferences, including brochures, inserts, giveaways, etc.
- Foster new and existing relationships with member organizations, media, analysts, etc., to secure desirable affiliate events and publishing opportunities.
- Seek out existing and new awards opportunities that will continue to elevate Vendasta’s brand.
- Work to build out Ideas on Tap as an effective thought-leadership forum within the industry.
Vendasta is a software company that believes in local, and is driving local economies. Located downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a online platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 650,000 local businesses thrive and succeed—and we love what we do.