This is a senior-level leadership role within the Marketplace Division. You will be responsible for developing, defining, and owning the product vision and strategy for Marketplace Owned-and-Operated (O&O) products in alignment with the Division strategy set forth by the Marketplace Exec/GM. The Director will lead Product Managers across multiple Marketplace O&O teams to develop an effective and efficient product management function, including defining the team’s overall objectives, emphasizing validated data-driven learning, and creating a test-and-learn culture.
Responsible for key deliverables such as the product’s roadmaps, business cases, and marketing requirements, key business metrics such as capital investment rate of return, mid to long term product revenue growth and other product performance (market share, usage, attrition)—this role is crucial organizationally to achieving consensus around appropriate product investment and driving them forward.
The ideal candidate will use their extensive engineering, product management, and leadership experience to help establish an overall strategy and vision for Marketplace O&O. They will draw on Software as a Service (SaaS) and Marketplace as a Service (MaaS) experience to drive and guide our product roadmap, strategy, delivery, adoption, and overall success. Lastly, they will use their vast project management skills to drive revenue for the existing product, as well as introduce new product/features to increase Vendasta’s market share and enhance business growth.
- Highly collaborative leader with the ability to build and lead a team to work effectively in a fast-paced, energetic and high growth environment.
- Acts as a product advocate & champion and proactively/regularly communicate product roadmap and development schedules to all relevant internal stakeholders
- Defines and analyzes markets, including but not limited to the measurement and analysis of existing products and services and evaluates technologies and identifies opportunities to innovate and improve.
- Closely collaborates with engineering and UXUI to deliver a best-in-class user experience and drive implementation of new product features and strategies.
- Performs business and financial analysis, monitoring and reporting and builds business case to justify expenditures for building products. Performs as Product Management and Agile SME and as a consultant to senior management and key stakeholders in the area of expertise and in support of product launch efforts.
- Develops and mentors staff of product managers and business analysts through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes.
- Identifies industry best practices and builds partner relationships.
- Understands how technology advancements drive sales and increase customer satisfaction. Keeps up to speed on all new product launches in the online space.
- Leads and contributes in a way that is consistent with the organization’s thoughts on agile and product management.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 years experience managing teams in an R&D, MaaS, or SaaS setting
- Able to lead and inspire confidence in Partners and the team while dealing with uncertainty, resource constraints, and Agile software development
- 5 years experience in Product Management and Software as a Service
- Preferred experience in MaaS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Computer Science/Engineering (considered an asset)
- Public presentation experience—successfully making both business and technical cases to public, industry, and Executive audiences
- Proven ability to prioritize features, write user stories, and work directly with various functional groups
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to articulate technology and product positioning to internal, external, customer, and prospective business audiences
- Experience driving cross-functional product initiatives that yielded clear competitive advantages
- Proven track record in defining product strategy and establishing a clear set of product principles
- Must have both an innovative and strategic mindset
Vendasta is a software company that is driving local economies. Headquartered in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 1 million local businesses thrive and succeed—and we have fun doing it.