Vendasta is looking for an experienced marketing director to lead our organization’s inbound marketing ventures and establish a well-oiled, world-class creative team.
This role involves developing strategies to strengthen the company’s presence through content marketing tactics, as well as helping us find a “voice” that will resonate with agencies and other local resellers. Our competitors are industry heavyweights, and we need someone with a proven track record of creating analytics-driven content to dominate search results and generate significant ROI.
Serving as an integral member of the senior leadership team, the Director of Marketing, Content will be responsible for creating a first-class communications plan for Vendasta and its 2,000 partners in order to promote, enhance, and strengthen the organization’s messaging. He or she will be responsible for a broad range of marketing and PR activities related to the direction and positioning of the company and its products. The goal is to advance Vendasta’s position as the #1 platform for selling digital solutions to local businesses by accelerating lead generation, industry awareness, and success for the 600,000+ local businesses on the Vendasta platform.
Vision, Strategy, and Leadership
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing and communications plan to advance Vendasta’s brand identity, broaden awareness of its solutions, and increase its visibility among agencies, media companies, and other local resellers.
- Create a marketing and public relations strategy that will allow Vendasta leadership to cultivate meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key stakeholders.
- Develop and execute all elements of Vendasta’s inbound marketing initiatives, thereby designing and driving our organic search strategy.
- Identify challenges faced by the organization, working with the leadership team to recognize internal and external marketing and communications opportunities and solutions, as well as execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Serve as marketing and communications subject matter expert, both internally and to our association.
Team Development and Management
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the marketing & communications department, including budgeting, planning, and staff development.
- Recruit and manage appropriate marketing and communications team to support the development and execution of our inbound marketing strategy.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic marketing, media relations, and communications programs to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Minimum ten years experience in a senior management role, either in-house or with an agency, media, or SaaS company.
- Minimum five years experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of digital marketing content.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required; advanced degree is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of SEO and content marketing. Inbound marketing certification through HubSpot is a plus.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in building relationships with top-tier partners, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve international recognition.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing specialists.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Energetic, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
Vendasta’s platform empowers agencies and media companies to grow their sales of marketing solutions for small and medium-size businesses. Our system identifies hot leads who are interested in the products you offer and allows you to provide scalable tools at the right price and service model when businesses are ready-to-buy.Learn more about Vendasta