Reporting to the CEO, as an integral part of Vendasta’s Executive Leadership Team, you will manage a team of Finance, Company Operations and Business Analysts at our head office in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. This is a unique opportunity for a data-driven Financial Executive with proven Operational experience to join a fast-paced SaaS organization. The chief financial officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, fundraising and risk management operations of the company. These include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Vendasta is currently in hyper-growth mode with a plan for our revenue to hit 100M in growth. We are looking for someone to pave a clear path of strategic direction and be the right-hand to the CEO.
- Provide thoughtful leadership and influence executive level decision making through analytical insight into core business decisions such as prioritization of growth opportunities.
- Develop, Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans, financial plans and tax strategies
- Drive the quarterly/annual budgeting vs. actual variance analysis and planning process, as well as long-range strategic planning, including the key SAAS metrics that tie back to financial goals
- Communicate the company’s strategic direction, financial results, etc. to relevant audiences (ie: company updates, investor updates, board updates & materials, etc.)
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Develop suitable headcount and budgets, to ensure investment is allocated optimally across all divisions. Create the financial discipline to deliver these budgets.
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Develop and enhance existing financial and operational strategies
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisition
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems ensuring that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirement
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendation
- Own & drive the company’s fundraising strategy
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
Skills and Qualifications
- CFO Attributes
- Competitive / ambitious
- Fantastic communication skills
- Strategic thinker
- 5 years experience in a medium sized growth business
- BS in Accounting or Finance (MBA and CPA preferred)
- Prior experience as a VP of Finance / CFO with a demonstrated track record successfully scaling an organization of a similar size/stage
- Demonstrated success in value creation
- Ability to create and foster cross-functional networks and manage without authority. Effective leadership, influencing and communication skills.
- Managed finance teams of 20+
- Has led multiple 10M+ capital raises
- Operated in multinational markets
- Previous M&A experience as well as debt or VC fund-raising would be an asset.
- IPO / Public market experience
Vendasta is a software company that is driving local economies. Headquartered in downtown Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, we build a platform that helps B2B companies sell digital solutions to local businesses. Through our partners around the world, we’re helping more than 1 million local businesses thrive and succeed—and we have fun doing it.